Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Vacation! Phase 1 - Sandpoint, ID

We've been in Northern, Idaho/Washingtion for about 10 days now! Here are the photos of our fun time in Sandpoint! Brian flew home last night and we'll drive home at the end of the week.


We had a little birthday party for Andrew with my Mom and her husband, Dennis.




We couldn't resist snapping a picture of his "gangsta" look.
Fun on the boat! Lake Pend Orielle is amazing and we love our time there!
So cute!

There is this awesome sandbar in the middle of the lake that people anchor their boasts at and stay for hours playing in the water!
My Mom trying to keep things from flying out of the boat and smiling for a picture at the same time.

"Look Mom no hands!"

We had an awesome visit with one of my high school friends and her family, David and Olivia Stallcop!



Brian hooked up the tube to the kayak and pulled the kids behind the boat! He was the hero! No wake tubing!

Emily was falling asleep.
We love you Olivia and David

Ha!
Time to say goodbye to our sweet friends, until next time!


We took the kids to Silverwood Theme Park for a day! Another fun time! Lots of ride pictures below!
Emily was SO happy to drive! We felt like we were in a pinball machine! Things we do for our kids!

She's not excited, is she?

Cramped up in the darn elephants! The kids loved it, but we had to ride with them and they are definately made for little people!

My Mom, Brian and the kids went on the Roaring Creek Log Flume! I stayed to take pictures! They were so excited to go on a "big ride!"

Nothing but grins afterward!
The Train tour of the park and the "robbery!"

Emily was scared to death of the robber and then her Mom told her to take a picture with him! "Are you crazy Mom?"

Silverwood has an awesome water park and we played there the second half of the day!





After we had worn the kids out we sent them home with my Mom for two nights. Brian and I got a room in Coeur d' Alene and returned to Silverwood the next day to play on the big rides and the big water slides! We had a fun time! We decided to leave the camera behind so I have no proof of Brian's rides on two of the big roller coasters, it took some begging and pleading but he did it for me! I went on the Ferris Wheel for him, not my favorite ride...scares me.

We ate at the Olive Garden and Red Lobster on our nights away from the kiddos! It was our first real getaway since we've been married. Kind of a late honeymoon! Simple, but fun! We also went on a beautiful hike around lake Coeur d' Alene. We slept in, worked out together, went shopping and thoroughly enjoyed time with each other! I love you Brian.


8 comments:

Larsen said...

Good to hear from you! I feel like I haven't seen you in FORRRRREVVVVER!

Hurry home. We miss you.

Kids went over today to see if Emily could play. I told them you weren't home, but do they ever listen??

Talk to you soon!

Backwoods Browns said...

Got to love N. Idaho! It's the promise land!! It was sooooo good to see you and your beautiful children!! They are so big and so cute!! I love getting together with everyone!! I also love all the pictures! You must have had a great time by the looks of it!! Hope to see you again sooner than later :)

Tiffy said...

Great pictures!! You guys look like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing! But come home soon we have missed you.

Jon and Maryanne said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! You know.....I miss you too! I don't think I have seen you since right after Emily was born!!!!

Jess said...

What cute pics! Emily has the most beautiful smile. We are taking the kids to Silverwood on Monday, I hope they enjoy it as much. We loved seeing you on Tuesday!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kara,

I love the look of your cute blog and it makes me homesick for the northwest and all of our wonderful friends still there.

You look great and it is so fun to see you all grown up and having a cute family of your own. I have some fun memories of you.

Stop in and see us when you have reason to be in Utah - we would love it!

Reggs said...

hey, i want a picture with the robber! hee hee!!
i love seeing you and your kiddies. You're all so happy!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Your kids are just adorable!!!!!!!!